What is translation? While we may think it is obvious what is meant by “translation”, in fact it can be any of several types of service, such as:
- One linguist who may or may not review their own work
- Two linguists, one reviewing the others work
- Linguists using CAT tools (computer assisted translation tools)
- Using and maintaining correct terminology while using automated checks
- Machine translation
- Post edited machine translation
Language services also go beyond just the linguistic work, for example, what should you expect in terms of deliverables? Do you need basic formatting? Complex formatting? Media Production? How are you going to know if you are ready to go to market? Each of these services has its use, and one of them might be right for you. But how will you know? More importantly, how does knowing benefit you and your company? Your real goal of course is to get only what you need and that will help you manage your budgets, timelines and projects realistically. We can help you decide what is right for you.